Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Patterson Hall west side windows
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Patterson Hall is named for Samuel Ledgerwood Patterson (1850-1908). Patterson was a strong advocate of agricultural education in North Carolina and served as the state’s Commissioner of Agriculture. Ironically, Patterson believed that the building did not belong on a college campus, but should be located in downtown Raleigh. The building has housed the Agriculture Department (now the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences) since it was built in 1903.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information:
Building: North Carolina State University, Samuel Ledgerwood Patterson Hall -- Agriculture Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Bain, W. C. (William Carter), 1839-1920 more info on Bain, W. C. (William Carter), 1839-1920
- Hook, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1870-1938 more info on Hook, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1870-1938
- Hook and Sawyer (Charlotte, N.C.) more info on Hook and Sawyer (Charlotte, N.C.)
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- NC State University Campus
- NC State University