- Harrelson Hall
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Harrelson Hall, the first cylindrical building to ever be built on a university campus, was built in 1961. It is named after John William Harrelson (1885-1955), who was the first North Carolina State University alumnus to serve as chief executive of the University. He graduated in 1909 with a degree in mechanical engineering and was valedictorian of his class. In addition to serving as chief executive, he also taught in the mathematics department and as college archivist.
Harrelson, J. W. (John William), 1885-1955
more info on Harrelson, J. W. (John William), 1885-1955
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information: