NCSU Libraries

Entrance to Winslow Hall, west side

Winslow Hall, NCSU -- Alumni Memorial Building, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Entrance to Winslow Hall, west side
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Item identifier:
funk_doorRS0002
Photographer:
Created Date:
circa
Description:
Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Names:


Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Funkhouser Photographs

Building:

Architect:
Built:
Street:
NCSU Campus
Community:
Raleigh
State:
NC
Historical note:
Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Subjects:
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae
College buildings
Lecture halls

✓ Give us feedback