- Burlington Engineering Laboratories
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Digital photographs
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- In the early 1950s, the College of Engineering installed the first nuclear reactor outside of the federal Atomic Energy Commission. The original building that held the reactor was known as Burlington Nuclear Laboratories. In 1973, the building was expanded to its current size and renamed Burlington Engineering Laboratories. Both were named for Burlington Industries, a North Carolina textile company who provided the money for the construction of the building.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).