- Polk Hall renovation
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Polk Hall is named for Leonidas La Fayette Polk (1837-1892). He founded the Progressive Farmer magazine and pushed for a Land-Grant college to be established in North Carolina under the federal Morrill Act of 1862. Polk’s wish for a Land-Grant college was supported by the Watauga Club and what is now North Carolina State University was founded. Polk also served as president of the Farmer’s Alliance, a national organization which later became known as the People’s Party. Polk Hall was constructed in 1926.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information: