View, Bank of Washington, Washington, North Carolina
Bank of Washington (Washington, N.C.)
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- View, Bank of Washington, Washington, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Bank of Washington, West End Branch (Washington, Beaufort County, North Carolina)
- Benton and Benton, architects more info on Benton and Benton, architects
- Benton, Charles C., Sr., circa 1887-1960 more info on Benton, Charles C., Sr., circa 1887-1960
- Benton, Frank W., 1883-1960 more info on Benton, Frank W., 1883-1960
- 216 W. Main St.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The building survived two fires, one in 1864 and a second in 1900. The structure, considered the state's finest small Greek Revival commercial building, features a four-columned Ionic portico.
- Historical note:
- Lies within Washington's West Main Street Commercial District. The building is listed on the National Register as the West End Branch of the Bank of Washington.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.543308, -77.058046