- View, Gragg House, Watauga County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Watauga County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Blowing Rock Hwy
- Blowing Rock
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Burton and Finley Gragg, first owners
- Architectural note:
- The home was constructed in the mid-nineteenth century and provides one of the state's finest examples of dovetailed plank construction. Tradition says that the Graggs were the builders of the home.
- Historical note:
- In the mid-twentieth century, the farm was adapted to function as part of a roadside tourist complex. The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Blowing Rock (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.097038, -81.773702