Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Mordecai House, Raleigh, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Henry Lane, first owner; Moses and Nancy Lane Mordecai, second owner.
- Architectural note:
- In 1826, the two-story south section was added by Nichols. The small Saint Mark's Chapel was built on the grounds in 1847. The home provides one of the state's earliest examples of Greek Revival woodwork. The property contains original outbuildings as well as other small nineteenth century frame buildings that have been moved in.
- Historical note:
- The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7925, -78.633333