- View, St. Stephen African Methodist Episcopal Church, Wilmington, North Carolina
Gothic revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Hollingsworth, Lewis more info on Hollingsworth, Lewis
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Saint Stephen African Methodist Episcopal Church (Wilmington, New Hanover County, North Carolina)
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- African American splinter group from Front Street Methodist Church, first owner
- Historical note:
- Many church members were involved with the building's construction, donating materials and labor.
- Architectural note:
- Church trustee Lewis Hollingsworth designed the church.
African Americans -- History