- View, Carson House, McDowell County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
McDowell County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1805 US 70 W
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Colonel John Carson (land speculator), first owner; Jonathan Logan Carson, second owner
- Architectural note:
- The structure was originally a log cabin, but it was enlarged with a porch and two-story rear shed rooms in the mid-nineteenth century.
- Historical note:
- The house functioned as an inn in the 1840s. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- General note:
- The date is approximate.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.69168, -82.05632
- External Resources:
Carson House Website