Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Dairy, Hermitage, Halifax County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Halifax County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 420 N Carolina 481
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Rebecca Norfleet and Thomas Blount Hill, first owner; John Tillery (planter), second owner
- Architectural note:
- The home was constructed in the early nineteenth century, and its property includes a kitchen, a smokehouse, and a dairy.
- Historical note:
- The property was restored in the late twentieth century, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is also known as the Junius Tillery house.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.247969, -77.490301