- Dairy, Hermitage, Halifax County, North Carolina
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Rebecca Norfleet and Thomas Blount Hill, first owner; John Tillery (planter), second owner | Architectural Note: The home was constructed in the early nineteenth century, and its property includes a kitchen, a smokehouse, and a dairy. | Historical Note: The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Halifax County (N.C.)
James Buchanan Duke Hermitage Road House (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 420 N Carolina 481
- Provenance note:
- Rebecca Norfleet and Thomas Blount Hill, first owner; John Tillery (planter), second owner
- Architectural note:
- The home was constructed in the early nineteenth century, and its property includes a kitchen, a smokehouse, and a dairy.
- Historical note:
- The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- General note:
- Also known as the Junius Tillery house.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.247969, -77.490301