Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Blount-Bridgers House (The Grove), Tarboro, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Grove, The (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- General Thomas Blount (politician, planter, and land speculator), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The interior was finished in the Georgian-Federal style. The lattice porch was added in mid-nineteenth century.
- Historical note:
- The structure is considered the finest nineteenth century home in Tarboro, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places