- View, John Wright Stanly House, New Bern, North Carolina
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: John Wright Stanly (trader and Revolutionary War blockade-runner), first owner | Architectural Note: The home is considered the finest late eighteenth century Georgian residence in the state. Tradition and circumstantial evidence suggest that the home was designed by English architect John Hawks.
New Bern (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- New Bern
- Provenance note:
- John Wright Stanly (trader and Revolutionary War blockade-runner), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home is considered the finest late eighteenth century Georgian residence in the state. Tradition and circumstantial evidence suggest the home was designed by John Hawks.
- General note:
- Today the home is part of the Tryon Palace Historic Site
Housing, Single family
- External Resources:
Asheville Farm School