Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Craven County Courthouse, New Bern, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
New Bern (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Lane, John B., 1834-1910 more info on Lane, John B., 1834-1910
- Sloan, Samuel, 1815-1884 more info on Sloan, Samuel, 1815-1884
- Sloan and Balderston more info on Sloan and Balderston
- Hay, William more info on Hay, William, painter
- 302 Broad St.
- New Bern
- Architectural note:
- The courthouse is among North Carolina's finest examples of the Second Empire style.
- Historical note:
- A previous courthouse burned in 1861, but the Reconstruction era economy postponed the construction of a new courthouse until the 1880s. The Craven County Courthouse lies within the boundaries of the New Bern Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
New Bern (N.C.)
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.10818, -77.038194