- View, Solomon Weil House, Goldsboro, North Carolina
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for Solomon Weil, and is the twin residence of his brother, Henry Weil.
- Architectural note:
- Tradition credits G. S. H. Applegate with the home's design.
- Historical note:
- The family became active leaders in business and civil affairs. The house was restored in the 1980s and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Historic Landmarks