Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Solomon Weil House, Goldsboro, North Carolina
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for Solomon Weil, and is the twin residence of his brother, Henry Weil.
- Architectural note:
- Tradition credits G. S. H. Applegate with the home's design.
- Historical note:
- The family became active leaders in business and civil affairs. The house was restored in the 1980s and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places