- View, Former Union County Courthouse, Monroe, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Holt, Thomas J., -1890 more info on Holt, Thomas J., -1890
- Hook, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1870-1938 more info on Hook, Charles C. (Charles Christian), 1870-1938
- Hook and Hook, architects more info on Hook and Hook, architects
- Hart, J. T. more info on Hart, J. T., contractor
- 300 N Main St
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- Charles C. Hook designed the two-story wings in 1926. The building combines Second Empire, Italianate, and Eastlake motifs.
- Historical note:
- The courthouse serves as the chief landmark of the town and county and is considered among the state's finest surviving Victorian public buildings. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Italianate (North American architecture styles)
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 34.98265, -80.550288