- View, Eng Bunker Corncrib, Surry County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Surry County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 2475 Rockford St
- Mount Airy
- Provenance note:
- Eng Bunker (farmer and "Siamese" twin sideshow performer) and Sarah Bunker, first owner
- Architectural note:
- Constructed of unprocessed, well-spaced logs, the structure typifies the corncribs built in the state in the nineteenth century. The corncrib also features a cantilevered entry shelter.
- Historical note:
- The corncrib was built in the mid-nineteenth century.
Mount Airy (N.C.)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.467521, -80.625773