- View, Humphrey-Williams House, Robeson County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Robeson County (N.C.)
Humphrey-Williams Plantation (Lumberton, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- E 4th Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Richard Humphries (planter), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The property's surviving outbuildings include a barn, a carriage house, a smokehouse, a servant's house, tobacco barns, and a store.
- Historical note:
- The property is one of only a few antebellum plantation complexes in Robeson County, and it won the 1991 Farm Heritage Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Dwellings -- Maintenance and repair
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Stores & shops
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 34.66094, -79.113079