- View, Oliver House, Marietta, North Carolina
Architecture, Queen Anne
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Oliver, Sam more info on Oliver, Sam, builder
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Melissa and Sam Oliver (sawmill owner), first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The home provides a one-story version of the Queen Anne style popular in the late nineteenth century. The house featured two front bedrooms that were accessible only from the porch, offering a rest stop for traveling doctors and preachers.
Housing, Single family
Queen Anne revival (Architecture)
Roadside rest areas