- View, Philadelphus Presbyterian Church, Philadelphus, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Higley, Gilbert P., 1823-1896 more info on Higley, Gilbert P., 1823-1896
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Rural Scots Presbyterian congregation established in the late eighteenth century, first owner.
- Historical note:
- Tradition attributes Gilbert Higley as the church's builder. The church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- The church provides an academic example of the temple-form frame churches built in the mid-nineteenth century
National Register of Historic Places