- View, Ingleside, Lincoln County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Lincoln County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 445 N Ingleside Farm Rd
- Iron Station
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Daniel Forney (member of Congress, brigadier general in the state militia, and iron works founder) and Harriet Brevard Forney, first owners.
- Architectural note:
- Six-hearthed home's staircase was modeled after Owen Biddle's "Young Carpenter's Assistant" patternbook. Its main room resembles the east room of the White House. Its cornice and mouldings were imported from France.
- Historical note:
- Family tradition attributes the home's design to Benjamin Latrobe. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Iron Station (N.C.)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.463693, -81.041729
- External Resources: