Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Bethabara Gemeinhaus, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Loesch, Abraham, 1765-1843 more info on Loesch, Abraham, 1765-1843
- Marshall, Frederic William, 1721-1802 more info on Marshall, Frederic William, 1721-1802
- Rasp, Melchior, 1715-1785 more info on Rasp, Melchior, 1715-1785
- Triebel, Christian, 1714-1798 more info on Triebel, Christian, 1714-1798
- 2147 Bethabara Rd.
- Bethabara Historic District
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The church was built for a Moravian congregation.
- Architectural note:
- The building's design, with the higher roof line and cupola on the east portion, delineated between the two functions the church served. The eastern section of the building held the chapel, while the western section functioned as the pastor's residence and schoolroom.
- Historical note:
- The structure is North Carolina's oldest church building west of Hillsborough. The church is located within Bethabara, which is designated a National Historic Landmark District. The church is also listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.154669, -80.296274
- External Resources:
Bethabara Historic Park Website