- View, Hicks and Toms Warehouses, Durham, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 210 N. Duke Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- American Tobacco Company, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The warehouses feature many details typical to industrial architecture, such as thick walls, tin-covered shutters, and heavy timber framing.
- Historical note:
- The buildings were named for company employees and associates. Hicks Warehouse was built in 1900, and Toms Warehouse followed three years later.
Shutters (Opening components)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.000501, -78.906845
- External Resources:
Endangered Durham: Toms and Hicks Warehouses