- View, Outbuilding, Fairntosh, Durham, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Fairntosh Plantation (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Briggs, John J., 1770-1856 more info on Briggs, John J., 1770-1856
- Collier, William more info on Collier, William, bricklayer
- Gorman Family more info on Gorman Family
- Gorman, Henry S. more info on Gorman, Henry S.
- Fort family, carpenters more info on Fort family, carpenters
- Goodloe, Davis S. more info on Goodloe, Davis S.
- Nutt, Elhannon more info on Nutt, Elhannon
- Fort, John more info on Fort, John
- Fort, Elias more info on Fort, Elias
- Fort, William more info on Fort, William
- 5000 Old Oxford Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Duncan Cameron (lawyer, planter, and bank president) and Rebecca Bennehan Cameron, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- Surviving outbuildings on the property include a schoolhouse, an office, a teacher's house, a kitchen, a dairy, a smokehouse, and a commissary.
- Historical note:
- Fairntosh was one of the largest plantations in the state, and the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Treyburn (Durham, N.C.)
Balusters (Railing components)
Commissaries (Store and eating spaces)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
Teachers -- Housing
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.107756, -78.839855
- External Resources:
Endangered Durham: Fairntosh