- Outbuildings, Fairntosh, Durham, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Fairntosh Plantation (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Briggs, John J., 1770-1856 more info on Briggs, John J., 1770-1856
- Collier, William more info on Collier, William, bricklayer
- Gorman Family more info on Gorman Family
- Gorman, Henry S. more info on Gorman, Henry S.
- Fort family, carpenters more info on Fort family, carpenters
- Goodloe, Davis S. more info on Goodloe, Davis S.
- Nutt, Elhannon more info on Nutt, Elhannon
- Fort, John more info on Fort, John
- Fort, Elias more info on Fort, Elias
- Fort, William more info on Fort, William
- 5000 Old Oxford Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Duncan Cameron (lawyer, planter, and bank president) and Rebecca Bennehan Cameron, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- Surviving outbuildings on the property include a schoolhouse, an office, a teacher's house, a kitchen, a dairy, a smokehouse, and a commissary.
- Historical note:
- Fairntosh was one of the largest plantations in the state, and the property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Treyburn (Durham, N.C.)
Housing, Single family
Teachers -- Housing
National Register of Historic Places
Commissaries (Store and eating spaces)
Balusters (Railing components)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.107756, -78.839855
- External Resources:
Endangered Durham: Fairntosh