- Interior with fireplace, Ellerslie, Cumberland County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
Cumberland County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1470 Elliot Bridge Rd
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- George Elliot (Scots planter), first owner
- Architectural note:
- In the 1840s, a new Greek Revival house was added to the front of the existing home, which became a rear ell.
- Historical note:
- The home is one of the few late eighteenth century plantation houses along the Upper Cape Fear River, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Buildings -- Additions
Dwellings -- Remodeling
Greek revival (Architecture)
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.229317, -78.875364