Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- View, Cherokee County Courthouse, Murphy, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Baldwin, James J. (James John), 1888-1955 more info on Baldwin, James J. (James John), 1888-1955
- 21 Alpine Street
- Architectural note:
- The building features a diagonally oriented portico and is faced with local blue marble.
- Historical note:
- The courthouse is the architectural focal point of the city of Murphy. The building is considered one of the state's finest Beaux Arts courthouses, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.086705, -84.032879