- View, Jacob Henry House, Beaufort, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 229 Front Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Jacob Henry (politician), first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The home features a two-tier engaged porch underneath a multi-sloped roof line.
- Historical note:
- The house typifies popular Beaufort architecture and was the most ambitious residence built in town at the turn of the nineteenth century. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 34.71837, -76.667983