- View from distance, Waldensian Presbyterian Church, Valdese, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Munsch, Mr. more info on Munsch, Mr.
- Vinay, Henry, Sr. more info on Vinay, Henry, Sr.
- Tron, James H. more info on Tron, James H.
- Bertalot, Eli more info on Bertalot, Eli
- Long, Henry J. more info on Long, Henry J.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Barthelemy Soulier (pastor) and a Waldensian Presbyterian congregation, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The church's exterior displays some Gothic Revival and Romanesque Revival details. The stuccoed masonry reflects the Italian roots of the Waldensian community, who selected Presbyterianism as the closest to their own denomination. The sanctuary was altered in the 1990s.
- Historical note:
- The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Church buildings -- Remodeling
Gothic revival (Architecture)
Historic buildings -- Remodeling
National Register of Historic Places
Romanesque revival (Architecture)