- Smokehouse, Bellevue, Burke County, North Carolina
- Item identifier:
- Buchman, Tim more info on Buchman, Tim
- Bost, Jonas, 1794-1870 more info on Bost, Jonas, 1794-1870
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: James Erwin (planter), first owner | Architectural Note: The home contains some of the finest finishing among the Catawba River plantation houses, including Federal style interior woodwork. The property's notable smokehouse features a projecting front gable. The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Burke County (N.C.)
Bellevue (Morganton, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Tim Buchman Photographs, 1988-1998 (MC00583) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 766-1298 State Road 1419
- Provenance note:
- James Erwin (planter), first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home contains some of the finest finishing among the Catawba River plantation houses, including Federal style interior woodwork. The property's notable smokehouse features a projecting front gable.
- Historical note:
- The property is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.73866, -81.679929