- Window detail, Pender-Moore-Edwards House, Greenville, Pitt County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- E. C. Glenn (Methodist Minister), first owner and attributed builder, sold the property to James B. Cherry, second owner, in 1890. Cherry then sold the house to Sarah E. Pender, third owner, in 1891. The house remained in the Pender family, belonging to Nellie Pender Moore and Andrew Jackson Moore in 1920, and Jack R. Edwards in 1963.
- Architectural note:
- The house plan was altered in the early twentieth century.
- Historical note:
- The structure is considered one of the oldest residences in Greenville.
Housing, Single family
Dwellings -- Remodeling