- Side view with bell tower, St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Columbia, Tyrrell County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Swain, Thomas more info on Swain, Thomas, builder
- Schlez, Johann Frederick more info on Schlez, Johann Frederick
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The church contains a front entrance tower with an octagonal open belfry under an ogee cap. Johann Frederick Schlez carved the Gothic Revival altar rail.
Belfries (Equipment spaces)
Gothic revival (Architecture)
Towers (Building divisions)