- View, House, North Blount Street Area, Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- The structure includes decorative porch detailing.
North Blount Street Area
more info on North Blount Street Area (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Blount Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- This historic area developed after the Civil War, consisting mainly of Victorian residences for planter families from Franklin and Warren counties. Many of the structures were demolished in the 1920s, but revitalization efforts in the 1970s saved a number of the remaining structures.
- Architectural note:
- Many structures include decorative porch detailing.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration