- Partial view, Atherton Cotton Mill, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 2108 South Blvd.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- This structure was the first mill built and owned by D. A. Tompkins Co.
- Historical note:
- This was also the sixth mill built in Charlotte, and opened in 1893.
Mills and mill-work
- External Resources:
Atherton Cotton Mills History