- Partial view, Erwin Cotton Mills No. 1, Durham, Durham County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 2100 W. Main Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Benjamin N. Duke and William Allen Erwin (manager) developed the mill and the mill village nearby.
- Historical note:
- The mill was expanded in 1898 and again in 1907.
Buildings -- Additions
Mills and mill-work
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.006878, -78.924787
- External Resources:
Endangered Durham: Erwin Cotton Mill Office, Store and Post Office
Endangered Durham: Erwin Cotton Mill and Office