- View, St. John the Evangelist Episcopal Church, Edenton, Chowan County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The church was built by the congregation of St. Paul's Episcopal Church with the support of Herbert Page.
- Architectural note:
- The church is an asymmetrical frame structure with gabled facades and a corner entrance tower.
- Historical note:
- When a tornado destroyed the original church on this site in 1884, its frame was reused in this structure's construction from 1885-1887. The church was enlarged in the 1910s.
Asymmetry (Composition concept)
Buildings -- Additions
Buildings -- Natural disaster effects
Buildings -- Repair and reconstruction
Church buildings -- Fires and fire prevention
Towers (Building divisions)