- Rear view, Rosedale, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built for Archibald Frew, first owner. The house passed to William Davidson (planter), second owner, in 1819.
- Architectural note:
- The interior features Adamesque decorations, while the trim incorporates carved urns, swags, and foliate ornament in the style of Owen Biddle's work.
- Historical note:
- The house and garden were restored in the mid-twentieth century, and the structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
Decoration and ornament
Decoration and ornament -- Plant forms
National Register of Historic Places