- View, Mercy Hospital (Wilson Hospital and Tubercular Home), East Wilson, Wilson County
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: Mercy Hospital -- Wilson Hospital and Tubercular Home (Wilson, Wilson County, North Carolina)
- Benton, Charles C., Sr., circa 1887-1960 more info on Benton, Charles C., Sr., circa 1887-1960
- Moore, Solon B., 1872-1930 more info on Moore, Solon B., 1872-1930
- Benton and Moore, architects more info on Benton and Moore, architects
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Dr. F. S. Hargrave had the hospital built to replace an earlier institution for African American residents.
- Architectural note:
- The building contains a Doric portico.
- Historical note:
- The building is set to be restored as a community center.
African Americans -- History
Buildings -- Remodeling for other use
Doric (Architectural style)
Tuberculosis -- Hospitals