- View, Robert Cleveland House, Wilkesboro, Wilkes County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Robert Cleveland, first owner, fought at the Battle of Kings Mountain.
- Architectural note:
- The structure is a good example of early log buildings, and the hewn logs are joined with diamond notches, unique to Western North Carolina.
- Historical note:
- This late eighteenth century structure is the county's oldest building and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building was taken apart in 1986 at its rural location and reassembled in its current location.
Housing, Single family
Moving of buildings, bridges, etc.
National Register of Historic Places