- Rear view, Coleman-White House, Warrenton, Warren County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Burgess, James more info on Burgess, James
- Bragg, Thomas, Sr., 1778-1851 more info on Bragg, Thomas, Sr., 1778-1851
- 508-520 Eaton Ave
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The structure was built for Dr. Littleton C. Coleman, first owner. Thomas White (merchant) and William J. White (president of Warrenton Railroad) later owned the property.
- Architectural note:
- The attributed builder is Mr. Burgess or Thomas Bragg. Motifs show the Montmorenci influence, and the house features a Palladian entrance.
- Historical note:
- The house was built in the early 1820s, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.390984, -78.154541