- View, Murphey School, Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Kennedy, James M. (James Matthew), 1881-1948 more info on Kennedy, James M. (James Matthew), 1881-1948
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The structure is the oldest of Raleigh's twentieth century brick schools. In 1960, William Campbell (future mayor of Atlanta) became the first African American student to attend an all-white public school in Raleigh.
African Americans -- Education
African Americans -- History
Mayors -- Georgia -- Atlanta
North Carolina -- History