- View, House, Oakwood, Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
more info on Oakwood (Raleigh, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Appleget, G. S. H. (George S. H.), 1831-1880 more info on Appleget, G. S. H. (George S. H.), 1831-1880
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The twenty block neighborhood includes frame versions of Italianate, Queen Anne, Second Empire, Colonial Revival, and bungalow styles.
- Historical note:
- The area came from the sale of land in 1868 belonging to the Polk and Mordecai families. The neighborhood housed the new urban middle class, and builders included the Thomas Briggs firm and architect Charles Barrett. The area is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as a Historic District.
National Register of Historic Places