- Front view, House, Dorothea Dix Hospital, Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892 more info on Davis, Alexander Jackson, 1803-1892
- 820 South Boylan Ave.
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The hospital building includes 'Davisean' windows. The core was razed in the mid twentieth century.
- Historical note:
- The hospital was founded for the insane, and the campus includes other late nineteenth and early twentieth century buildings, such as this structure.
Children -- Health and hygiene
Mental health facilities
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.771587, -78.653443