- View, Carrier-Ward House, Rutherfordton, Rutherford County, North Carolina
Architecture, Queen Anne
- Original Format:
- Color negatives; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: Harvey Carrier (tinner, manufacturer, builder) built the house for his daughter Margaret, first owner. | Architectural Note: The house is indicative of the industrialization era in the region. | Historical Note: The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 255 North Main St.
- Provenance note:
- Harvey Carrier (tinner, manufacturer, builder) built the house for his daughter Margaret, first owner.
- Architectural note:
- The house is indicative of the industrialization era in the region.
- Historical note:
- The house is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- General note:
- The house now functions as a bed and breakfast.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.368917, -81.957054
- External Resources:
Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast Website, History Section