- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Milburn, Frank P. (Frank Pierce), 1868-1926 more info on Milburn, Frank P. (Frank Pierce), 1868-1926
- 212-228 S. Main Street
- North Carolina
- Historical note:
- The structure was initially called the Boyden House. After being remodeled, it was known as the Central Hotel. It was later renamed the Empire Hotel.
- Architectural note:
- The hotel was remodeled in the early 1900’s by Frank P. Milburn, who designed the Salisbury Depot.
Buildings -- Remodeling for other use
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.666303, -80.471528
- External Resources:
Empire Hotel History
Empire Hotel Re-development Article