- View, China Grove Roller Mill, China Grove, Rowan County, North Carolina
Mills and mill-work
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Architectural Note: The mill was based on an earlier frame structure from 1896. | Historical Note: The mill was built for steam power and converted to electricity in 1906. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Rowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 308 N Main St
- Architectural note:
- The mill was based on an earlier frame structure from 1896.
- Historical note:
- The mill was built for steam power and converted to electricity in 1906. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
China Grove (N.C.)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.571205, -80.577988
- External Resources:
Rowan County Historic Sites: China Grove Roller Mill