- View, Barber Family House I, Rowan County, North Carolina
Greek revival (Architecture)
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Rowan County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 225 Redmon Rd
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The house was built and occupied by Jacob Franklin Barber and his wife, Rebecca Neely, first owners. The property passed to their son, William Arthur Barber and his wife Alda Sherrill, second owners.
- Architectural note:
- The initial one-story ell was expanded and remodeled, and the outbuildings include a schoolhouse and tenant house.
- Historical note:
- The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is listed as the Barber Farm.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.717042, -80.648418