- Partial view, Walnut Cove Colored School, Walnut Cove, Stokes County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- Color slides; 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Dan River Lumber and Milling Company more info on Dan River Lumber and Milling Company (Builders)
- Created Date:
- Created Date:
- Provenance: The school was founded by Julius Rosenwald (Sears executive). | Historical Note: The school is the only one in the county built from the Julius Rosenwald Fund, and has recently been restored as a community center. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Stokes County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Walnut Cove
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The school was founded by Julius Rosenwald (Sears executive).
- Historical note:
- The school is the only one in the county built from the Juliue Rosenwald Fund, and has recently been restored as a community center. The structure is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Walnut Cove (N.C.)
African Americans -- Education
African Americans -- History