Provenance: Edenton Cotton Mill and its affiliated mill village were established in 1898-1899 by nineteen local businessmen. Houses were constructed until 1920. | Architectural Note: Most of the village houses are single-story, gable-sided frame structures with front porches and rear ells. Many have two front entrances, allowing them to function as duplexes. | Historical Note: Edenton Cotton Mill and Village make up one of the best preserved examples of the type in eastern North Carolina. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.