- Front view, 308 King Street, Edenton Cotton Mill Village, Edenton, Chowan County, North Carolina
- Original Format:
- 2 x 2 in.
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Edenton Cotton Mill Village
more info on Edenton Cotton Mill Village (Edenton, N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Preservation North Carolina
- Preservation North Carolina Historic Architecture Slide Collection, 1965-2005 (PNC slides) held by Preservation North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from Preservation North Carolina. For general information see the Preservation North Carolina website (http://www.presnc.org).
For more information:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Edenton Cotton Mill and its affiliated mill village were established in 1898-1899 by nineteen local businessmen. Houses were constructed until 1920.
- Historical note:
- Edenton Cotton Mill and Village make up one of the best preserved examples of the type in eastern North Carolina. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Architectural note:
- Most of the village houses are single-story, gable-sided frame structures with front porches and rear ells. Many have two front entrances, allowing them to function as duplexes.
Architecture -- Conservation and restoration
National Register of Historic Places